The test is acknowledged in nearly 10,000 organizations globally, including some of the top universities of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
For more than 30 years, the IELTS has been assessing innumerable candidates and continues to set the standard for English language assessment.
Qualifying such a prestigious test is a thing on its own as it not only helps you access the best educational institutions but is recognized by employers, governments, and professionals around the world.
IELTS tests your English proficiency based on the four skills – Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Listening. One can appear for the test through either paper mode or online test method at various test centers.
The IELTS test is available in two modules – Academic & General Training. The academic module is dedicated to candidates selecting a study abroad for undergraduate & postgraduate courses whereas, general training is generally prerequisites for the candidates wishing to attend vocational courses or study abroad.
IELTS Academic test
One must appear in this test if,
- You wish to study abroad at an undergraduate level or postgraduate level.
- You want to Student Route visa (Tier 4) at a university in the UK
- You work for an organization in an English-speaking country.
IELTS General Training Test
One must appear in this test if,
- You want to study or get training.
- You want to work or get training in an English-speaking country
- You want to move to an country where English is widely spoken.
- You are looking for a job in your homeland.
- Listening: 4 parts, 40 questions (30 mins);
- Academic Reading: 4 parts, 40 questions (60 mins); reading passages with a variety of questions
- Academic Writing: 2 writing tasks, 2 questions (60 mins)
- General Training Test, Reading: 3 parts, 40 questions (60 mins)
- General training Test, writing: 2 writing tasks, 2 questions (60 mins)
- Speaking: 3 parts (11-14 mins)
There is a proper grading system defined for the student, ranging between 0-9. The final score is determined by finding the average of all the skills. Your final test score will depend on the level of study, level of course, and university preference. Most of the top universities accept a minimum 6.0 – 6.5 score for graduate courses. For postgraduate courses, it usually falls in the range of 6.5-7 bands. Students who qualify for the test receive a certificate. The IELTS score stays valid for two years once you take the test.
You may need to appear in some course-related exams, specific to the country you have chosen and their education system. Connect with us to get the deets of requirements.
How to Register for IELTS Test
Steps to Register
- Visit the IELTS official website:
- Scroll through and select your preferred test type.
- Fill out the form and take out the printout of the acknowledgment receipt.
IELTS Preparation Tips
- Get Acquainted with the test format:
Your first step towards IELTS test preparation is to understand the test format. As you become aware of the test format, you know what to expect and can attempt the questions easily.
- Opt for Quality Test Materials:
There are plenty of excellent resources available both online & offline that you may utilize for PTE preparation.
- Practice IELTS Sample Questions:
Going through sample questions helps you understand what kind of questions you may experience in your actual test. You get to know the patterns and variety of questions generally asked in IELTS. The more you practice, the better you can work on your weaknesses and be well prepared by the time you appear in the actual test.
- Familiarize yourself with the IELTS testing environment:
It will help you know where you stand currently before the test. Take a timed or untimed test to get a rough idea of the band score you can achieve through IELTS. Besides, it reduces the chances of Test Anxiety that one may experience on the actual test day.
Services and VAS
- End to End Admission Assistance
- Application & Admission Counselling
- Test preparation for IELTS Exams
- Scholarship Assistance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Visa counselling and credibility interviews to avoid rejections
- Forex, Ticketing & Student Housing support
- University Delegate Meetings Setup
- Student Alumni Visits
- Parents’ involvement at Every Step
- Pre-departure sessions for students and parents
- Smart Discounts on Air Tickets
Admission Document Checklist
- SSC marksheet & certificate
- HSC marksheet & certificate
- Graduation marksheet & certificate
- Convocation Certificate (not mandatory)
- Resume / CV
- IELTS / PTE / TOEFL result
- Passport Copy (Front & Back)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- 1 from Employer, 2 from College
If working individual:
- Appointment Letter
- Experience Letter
- 6 months salary slip
Career Guidance & Aptitude Tests
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Management
- Health & Medicine
- Fine Arts
- Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences
Why Study in Ireland is a Great Option for International Student
Coined by the name Emerald Isle, Ireland is the perfect place for international students, ranked among the top education providers in the world. Apart from being a friendly foreign land to study and grow. It is also an exciting and culturally rich nation that encompasses…
Best UK Universities for international students to look out for abroad study
There is a lot to consider in selecting a university, the course you want to pursue, the proximity to major cities, facilities, and available scholarships to help narrow down the choices. With more than 150 prestigious colleges in the UK, it is hard to point…
A comprehensive guide on how to study and live in Australia
Have you finally made up your mind to study at an Australian university? Great!! But, before you begin your journey as an international student in this beautiful island nation, there is a lot to know about as you may find yourself in a bind or…
How to prepare yourself for overseas education?
Prepare yourself for overseas education Moving to a foreign land alone is one of the tough decisions for a student. On top of it, keeping up with so many applications, deadlines, and arrangements, makes things hectic and overwhelming, especially for the students going overseas for…