Requirements for Student Visa to study in UK
However, you should know if you need a UK student visa and how the application process works.
Swiss nationals and individuals from the EU/EEA states do not currently need a visa to study in the UK, while all other international students need to have one.
Types of Students Visa
- Short Term Study Visa: If you are going for a short course and are over 18 years old, you may be eligible for this visa. For this, validity is six months and can extend up to 11 months for a stay if enrolled in an English language course.When to apply for the visa: Three months before you travel to the UK.
If you want to pursue a longer study course, make sure your chosen institution is a valid Tier 4 sponsor. The visa options for the same are:
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa: Students of age 16 & above who have secured a place in a course at a UK institution.When to apply for the visa: Three months before your course starts
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa: Students of age between 4-17 have gotten admission to a program at the UK institute and want to study in an independent fee-paying school.
When to apply for the visa: Three months before your course starts.
UK Visa Eligibility Requirements
- Confirm if your university is a licensed student sponsor and has presented you with an unconditional offer and a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
- You must have proof of your funds indicating that you can pay your program tuition fees, as well as living costs.
- A proof of your satisfactory English level skills, which will include speaking, reading, writing, and understanding English
- If you are a minor, you need to have a content letter from your parents.
- For short-term visas, applicants need to present a document confirming their intention of leaving the UK within 30 days once their course finishes.
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss students studying a sensitive subject may require an ATAS certificate too.
- Your current passport or any other valid travel documents
- Recent passport size colored photographs
UK Visa Fees
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa: £348
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa: £348, which may include some additional charges too.
An additional £348 fee per person will be applicable in the case of dependents. Also, you need to pay a healthcare surcharge of £150 per year if you want to get the National Health Service (NHS) during your stay in the UK.
- Short term student visa: £97 for a 6-month visa & £186 for an 11-month visa
The UK work visa
Students who want to stay in the UK after graduation must apply for a work visa. (if they don’t have a 2-year post-study work visa)
UK post-study work visa (Graduate Immigration Route)
Services and VAS
- End to End Admission Assistance
- Application & Admission Counselling
- Test preparation for IELTS Exams
- Scholarship Assistance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Visa counselling and credibility interviews to avoid rejections
- Forex, Ticketing & Student Housing support
- University Delegate Meetings Setup
- Student Alumni Visits
- Parents’ involvement at Every Step
- Pre-departure sessions for students and parents
- Smart Discounts on Air Tickets
Admission Document Checklist
- SSC marksheet & certificate
- HSC marksheet & certificate
- Graduation marksheet & certificate
- Convocation Certificate (not mandatory)
- Resume / CV
- IELTS / PTE / TOEFL result
- Passport Copy (Front & Back)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- 1 from Employer, 2 from College
If working individual:
- Appointment Letter
- Experience Letter
- 6 months salary slip
Career Guidance & Aptitude Tests
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Management
- Health & Medicine
- Fine Arts
- Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences
Why Study in Ireland is a Great Option for International Student
Coined by the name Emerald Isle, Ireland is the perfect place for international students, ranked among the top education providers in the world. Apart from being a friendly foreign land to study and grow. It is also an exciting and culturally rich nation that encompasses…
Best UK Universities for international students to look out for abroad study
There is a lot to consider in selecting a university, the course you want to pursue, the proximity to major cities, facilities, and available scholarships to help narrow down the choices. With more than 150 prestigious colleges in the UK, it is hard to point…
A comprehensive guide on how to study and live in Australia
Have you finally made up your mind to study at an Australian university? Great!! But, before you begin your journey as an international student in this beautiful island nation, there is a lot to know about as you may find yourself in a bind or…
How to prepare yourself for overseas education?
Prepare yourself for overseas education Moving to a foreign land alone is one of the tough decisions for a student. On top of it, keeping up with so many applications, deadlines, and arrangements, makes things hectic and overwhelming, especially for the students going overseas for…