Requirements for Student Visa to study in UK
However, you should know if you need a UK student visa and how the application process works.
Swiss nationals and individuals from the EU/EEA states do not currently need a visa to study in the UK, while all other international students need to have one.
Types of Students Visa
- Short Term Study Visa: If you are going for a short course and are over 18 years old, you may be eligible for this visa. For this, validity is six months and can extend up to 11 months for a stay if enrolled in an English language course.When to apply for the visa: Three months before you travel to the UK.
If you want to pursue a longer study course, make sure your chosen institution is a valid Tier 4 sponsor. The visa options for the same are:
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa: Students of age 16 & above who have secured a place in a course at a UK institution.When to apply for the visa: Three months before your course starts
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa: Students of age between 4-17 have gotten admission to a program at the UK institute and want to study in an independent fee-paying school.
When to apply for the visa: Three months before your course starts.
UK Visa Eligibility Requirements
- Confirm if your university is a licensed student sponsor and has presented you with an unconditional offer and a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).
- You must have proof of your funds indicating that you can pay your program tuition fees, as well as living costs.
- A proof of your satisfactory English level skills, which will include speaking, reading, writing, and understanding English
- If you are a minor, you need to have a content letter from your parents.
- For short-term visas, applicants need to present a document confirming their intention of leaving the UK within 30 days once their course finishes.
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss students studying a sensitive subject may require an ATAS certificate too.
- Your current passport or any other valid travel documents
- Recent passport size colored photographs
UK Visa Fees
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa: £348
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa: £348, which may include some additional charges too.
An additional £348 fee per person will be applicable in the case of dependents. Also, you need to pay a healthcare surcharge of £150 per year if you want to get the National Health Service (NHS) during your stay in the UK.
- Short term student visa: £97 for a 6-month visa & £186 for an 11-month visa
The UK work visa
Students who want to stay in the UK after graduation must apply for a work visa. (if they don’t have a 2-year post-study work visa)
UK post-study work visa (Graduate Immigration Route)
Services and VAS
- End to End Admission Assistance
- Application & Admission Counselling
- Test preparation for IELTS Exams
- Scholarship Assistance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Visa counselling and credibility interviews to avoid rejections
- Forex, Ticketing & Student Housing support
- University Delegate Meetings Setup
- Student Alumni Visits
- Parents’ involvement at Every Step
- Pre-departure sessions for students and parents
- Smart Discounts on Air Tickets
Admission Document Checklist
- SSC marksheet & certificate
- HSC marksheet & certificate
- Graduation marksheet & certificate
- Convocation Certificate (not mandatory)
- Resume / CV
- IELTS / PTE / TOEFL result
- Passport Copy (Front & Back)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- 1 from Employer, 2 from College
If working individual:
- Appointment Letter
- Experience Letter
- 6 months salary slip
Career Guidance & Aptitude Tests
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Management
- Health & Medicine
- Fine Arts
- Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences
How to prepare yourself for overseas education?
Prepare yourself for overseas education Moving to a foreign land alone is one of the tough decisions for a student. On top of it, keeping up with so many applications, deadlines, and arrangements, makes things hectic and overwhelming, especially for the students going overseas for…