Accommodation for students in Ireland
On-campus accommodation or residence Halls are of various types, like shared rooms, private rooms, one-bedroom flats furnished with private or shared bathrooms, a kitchen; shared by four to eight students. Though, some accommodations have a mess facility. Basic facilities & charges vary according to location and room type. On-campus accommodations need a prior booking, and it is costlier compared to other modes of stay. You must apply for accommodations as early as possible to secure the preferred room type.
Residence halls provided by the universities usually cost above the average ones. The cost of on-campus accommodation in Ireland without food would be around €600 – 900, with food it can be between €1000-1200.
With a Host Family:
At a Private rental/ Shared Accommodation:
Tips for Renting off Campus
- Start your research as early as possible. You will need some time to get familiar with the city & area you are planning to stay.
- Utilize your accommodation support offered by the college or students union to the fullest.
- Inspect the area online while you are in your home country and visit once you reach your destination. If you have any connection through friends or relatives already staying or have been there, ask for recommendations to find the best place.
- Check if there is a proper mode of commute between your college and the place you might live. The area may seem near to college on maps but may not make for easy for a public transportation facility. Make sure how much time you can invest in regular traveling and how much it will cost you. Also, check if the area has all the necessities available, like groceries, medical shops, etc.
- Even if you have procrastinated on the accommodation for the last minute, do not rush through the process and choose the first place available for you under pressure. Take your time and be sure of the area before finalizing it.
- View & inspect the premises and test keys before you deposit or pay rent money.
International students who have not acquired on-campus accommodation may face additional challenges to find a suitable place. Be aware of any scams. You can always consult Vision International to get the accommodation that best fits your needs and your budget.
Services and VAS
- End to End Admission Assistance
- Application & Admission Counselling
- Test preparation for IELTS Exams
- Scholarship Assistance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Visa counselling and credibility interviews to avoid rejections
- Forex, Ticketing & Student Housing support
- University Delegate Meetings Setup
- Student Alumni Visits
- Parents’ involvement at Every Step
- Pre-departure sessions for students and parents
- Smart Discounts on Air Tickets
Admission Document Checklist
- SSC marksheet & certificate
- HSC marksheet & certificate
- Graduation marksheet & certificate
- Convocation Certificate (not mandatory)
- Resume / CV
- IELTS / PTE / TOEFL result
- Passport Copy (Front & Back)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- 1 from Employer, 2 from College
If working individual:
- Appointment Letter
- Experience Letter
- 6 months salary slip
Career Guidance & Aptitude Tests
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Management
- Health & Medicine
- Fine Arts
- Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences
Best UK Universities for international students to look out for abroad study
There is a lot to consider in selecting a university, the course you want to pursue, the proximity to major cities, facilities, and available scholarships to help narrow down the choices. With more than 150 prestigious colleges in the UK, it is hard to point…
A comprehensive guide on how to study and live in Australia
Have you finally made up your mind to study at an Australian university? Great!! But, before you begin your journey as an international student in this beautiful island nation, there is a lot to know about as you may find yourself in a bind or…
How to prepare yourself for overseas education?
Prepare yourself for overseas education Moving to a foreign land alone is one of the tough decisions for a student. On top of it, keeping up with so many applications, deadlines, and arrangements, makes things hectic and overwhelming, especially for the students going overseas for…