PTE Preparation for Abroad Studies
PTE stands out from the rest of the English Proficiency test for many reasons. One being it is completely computerized. Naturally, the results are quicker and faster (typically within 2 business days), making the test apt for the students who are in a hurry. The test analyzes the candidates’ Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking skills by combining at least 2 skills, like reading and speaking or listening and reading.
There are various types of PTE tests one can appear in – PTE General, PTE Academic, PTE Academic UKVI, and PTE Young Learners.
PTE General, formerly known as The London Test of English, wherein the candidate’s fluency in real-life scenarios is tested, with the purpose to improve his/her English language skills.
The PTE Academic exam is administered year-round for students seeking to study abroad in a university or institution. It consists of four sections, namely reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The scores of the PTE Academic exam stay valid for two years.
- Speaking and Writing: 6 section (77-93 mins)
- Reading: 5 sections (32-41 mins)
- Listening: 8 sections (45-57 mins)
The PTE Academic UKVI is a computer-based exam that tests 4 English language skills and is certified by the UK Home Office for UK visa purposes. It is ideal for candidates who want to study, work or live in the UK. The PTE Academic UKVI is similar to the PTE Academic exam, although you might notice some changes in their registration process.
Famously known as the London Tests of English for Children, the PTE young learner’s examination is conducted to test the fluency of young applicants learning English as a foreign language. The exam caters to students of ages 7-12.
How to Register for PTE
The test is conducted year-round at selected Test Centers across the country. The test dates may vary with the location.
The official PTE Academic exam fee is around Rs 13,300. Candidates booking the PTE exam within 48 hours of the test date would be required to pay Rs 13,965 as a late booking fee.
Steps to Register Online
- Visit the PTE Academic website.
- Create your Pearson account.
- Once the registration process ends, you will receive an email with your login details.
- Now, search the nearest test center and select the preferred date & time.
- Make payment and confirm your booking.
Register via Phone: Candidates can directly call the PTE Academic test body to book their examination slot.
PTE Preparation Tips:
- Start by knowing the format:
This would include quantity & type of questions, what is asked in it, its time limit, how to score in the test, etc.
- Understand where you stand:
Attempt mock tests and see whether your performance is up to the mark of the actual test. Try to improve in the areas in which you have not performed well.
- Practice as much as you can:
Venture out for 10-15 mins for practice sessions that will include activities like English speaking (you can join English speaking groups), writing; message to friends or journal, reading; news, magazines, books, listen to native speakers, and understand the nuances.
- Consider Enrolling in an English Course (If required):
Academic English is often different from our everyday English. It is more formal and uses a vast vocabulary. In academics, you need to write essays, create reports or literature analyses, read and understand texts, and many others. Sometimes books are not enough to do the trick. Seeking assistance from experts can improve your English skills tremendously.
Services and VAS
- End to End Admission Assistance
- Application & Admission Counselling
- Test preparation for IELTS Exams
- Scholarship Assistance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Visa counselling and credibility interviews to avoid rejections
- Forex, Ticketing & Student Housing support
- University Delegate Meetings Setup
- Student Alumni Visits
- Parents’ involvement at Every Step
- Pre-departure sessions for students and parents
- Smart Discounts on Air Tickets
Admission Document Checklist
- SSC marksheet & certificate
- HSC marksheet & certificate
- Graduation marksheet & certificate
- Convocation Certificate (not mandatory)
- Resume / CV
- IELTS / PTE / TOEFL result
- Passport Copy (Front & Back)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- 1 from Employer, 2 from College
If working individual:
- Appointment Letter
- Experience Letter
- 6 months salary slip
Career Guidance & Aptitude Tests
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Management
- Health & Medicine
- Fine Arts
- Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences
Best UK Universities for international students to look out for abroad study
There is a lot to consider in selecting a university, the course you want to pursue, the proximity to major cities, facilities, and available scholarships to help narrow down the choices. With more than 150 prestigious colleges in the UK, it is hard to point…
A comprehensive guide on how to study and live in Australia
Have you finally made up your mind to study at an Australian university? Great!! But, before you begin your journey as an international student in this beautiful island nation, there is a lot to know about as you may find yourself in a bind or…
How to prepare yourself for overseas education?
Prepare yourself for overseas education Moving to a foreign land alone is one of the tough decisions for a student. On top of it, keeping up with so many applications, deadlines, and arrangements, makes things hectic and overwhelming, especially for the students going overseas for…