Established in 1974, Deakin University is the namesake of Alfred Deakin, the second Prime Minister of Australia.
The university finds itself among the top 3% of world universities that enjoy international ranking in the major ranking platforms Times Higher Education, Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU), and QS World University Rankings. Deakin’s growing reputation is reflected in its rapid rise in the international rankings, currently in the top two percent of the world’s universities. Deakin University is famously known for its high-quality education, excellent employment prospects, and unparalleled university experience. Also, it is the first university to open up an international office in India.
The university has an offering of over hundreds of courses for undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, and research degrees offered through the faculty in a number of subjects like business, law, medicine, information technology, humanities, social science, psychology and environmental sciences. This widespread faculty of the university provides its students with a number of subjects to choose from according to their field of interest.
The university’s curriculum is considered the best in the industry. Deakin invests most of its resources in the latest technology, state-of-the-art learning tools & facilities to utilize an approach that emphasizes practical experience. It integrates real-world expertise with the curriculum, so the students gain relevant experience and develop the skills and knowledge based on their study field to attract the jobs of tomorrow.
Given below is the minimum requirement of academic qualification and standardized exam scores needed to apply to Deakin University:
- For MS, MBA/PGDM, MIM, MEM, ME/M.Tech, M. Arch., M.A. courses, a Bachelor’s degree with grades specified by the university
IELTS: 6.5 & Above
TOEFL: 79.0 & Above
PTE: 58.0 & Above
- For BE/B.Tech, BBA, B.Sc.courses, certain grades in academics specified by the university
IELTS: 6.0 & above
TOEFL: 69.0 & Above
PTE: 50.0 & Above
Scholarships and bursaries
Deakin University offers various scholarships and bursaries to high-achieving undergraduate and postgraduate students from India. Students can receive a certain amount for eligible courses:
- Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s Meritorious 100% Scholarship (For bachelors and masters): Full fee discount
- Deakin India 25% Merit Scholarship (For bachelors and masters): 25% discount on tuition fees
- Deakin India Undergraduate Bursary 20%: Eligible students will be awarded worth 20% of & for tuition fees & other studies.
- Deakin India 20% Postgraduate Bursary: Eligible students will be awarded worth 20% of & for tuition fees & other studies.
Deakin offers you career assistance throughout your course and beyond your studies. A dedicated employment portal facilitated by the university for its graduates helps students make the most of their services at any time, anywhere. Through the portal, students get to explore various employment opportunities based on their skills. You are provided with the tools that help you increase your job prospects or boost your earning potential and reach your career goals.
The tuition fee of the university varies with the study program and level. It will cost you approximately AUD 32K-41K per year.
With its well-furnished campus accommodation, Deakin University offers housing options on its four campuses. Even if you want to opt for off-campus accommodation, the university supports and helps in finding comfortable off-campus accommodation in Australia within its campus range,
Services and VAS
- End to End Admission Assistance
- Application & Admission Counselling
- Test preparation for IELTS Exams
- Scholarship Assistance
- Student Loan Assistance
- Visa counselling and credibility interviews to avoid rejections
- Forex, Ticketing & Student Housing support
- University Delegate Meetings Setup
- Student Alumni Visits
- Parents’ involvement at Every Step
- Pre-departure sessions for students and parents
- Smart Discounts on Air Tickets
Admission Document Checklist
- SSC marksheet & certificate
- HSC marksheet & certificate
- Graduation marksheet & certificate
- Convocation Certificate (not mandatory)
- Resume / CV
- IELTS / PTE / TOEFL result
- Passport Copy (Front & Back)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- 1 from Employer, 2 from College
If working individual:
- Appointment Letter
- Experience Letter
- 6 months salary slip
Career Guidance & Aptitude Tests
- Engineering & Technology
- Business & Management
- Health & Medicine
- Fine Arts
- Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences